YesWeHack was created in 2013 by experts and cybersecurity enthusiasts, deeply rooted in the the researcher’s community, and then holding executive positions as cybersecurity consulting partners or CISOs.
Their dual experience as cybersecurity researchers AND professionals led them to the following conclusions:
– Organizations lacks proper Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure process for researchers to safely report vulnerabilities they discover;
– Researchers are not encouraged enough for their efforts and contribution to global cybersecurity;
– Organizations growing needs for agility are not satisfied by traditional solutions, whose ROI is also difficult to measure;
– Those traditional solutions leave too many dead angles on these organizations attack surfaces;
– The chronic shortage of cybersecurity skills is a major challenge for both client organizations and service providers.
– Based on these findings, they created a platform connecting organizations and researchers ensuring the confidentiality and security expected by both parties: yeswehehack.com.